The Town of Danville provides opportunities for residents to contribute to their community by volunteering for various events and programs. Volunteers will have the opportunity to discover new interests, meet new people, and develop new skills.
Many different opportunities are posted throughout the year for volunteers 12 years and up. If there is an age requirement, it will be noted in the posting. The Town has opportunities for individuals or groups looking for a community project. Assignments are available on both a long and a short-term basis. If you would like to volunteer for something that is not listed, please let us know. Court appointed volunteers must be screened and pre-approved for select volunteer opportunities.
Select Your Volunteer Opportunities in 3 Easy Steps:
1. Create a new profile or log in to your existing profile
- Create a new profile. All of your information is secure and will not be shared with outside parties.
- If you have volunteered with any Town of Danville Programs in the past, you already have a profile; please do not create a duplicate profile. Log in from the Events page to search for your profile by your email address, and update any information that may be out of date.
2. View available opportunities
- Events are one-time opportunities, such as special events.
- Service Projects are ongoing opportunities, including Art Gallery Associates and Theatre Ticket Ushers.
3. Sign up to volunteer
- Once you have logged into your new or existing profile, go to the listing you are interested in and click on "Register."
- For one-time Events, you can choose your shift if applicable. If you registered properly, you will receive an email confirmation for all events.
- For ongoing Service Projects you will submit an interest form/application, and you will be contacted by Town staff.
- A Volunteer Participation and Confidentiality Agreement (PDF) will be emailed to you to complete and sign. Bring the Agreement with you on your first day of volunteering.
Manage your profile
From either the Events or the Service Projects menu, select "Register for an Event / Apply for a Service Project or Manage Your Profile" to update your contact information, interests, or to view the events you are signed up for.
Important Legal Information
All volunteers for the Town of Danville are required to complete and sign the Volunteer Participation and Confidentiality Agreement (PDF) prior to participating in any volunteer project or event. Volunteer Agreements for youth under age 18 must signed by a parent or guardian. Note: Completion of the Volunteer Agreement is not required to create a volunteer profile or to sign up for an event or service project.
Verification of community service hours are emailed by request upon completion of the volunteer event. Email Volunteer Program Specialist, Julie Mason (email@example.com) or call 925-314-3478.