Danville Youth Council
The mission of the Danville Youth Council (DYC) is to provide Middle and High School students the opportunity to represent the interests of their peers in the Danville area.
The DYC will be made up of members striving to improve their community. Sub-committees are established to complete the goals of the councils.
Become a Danville Youth Council Member!
Applications for the 2018 / 2019 school year will be accepted from April 9 to 27.
Any San Ramon, Danville, or Alamo resident currently enrolled in Middle and High school is eligible to be a member of the Danville Youth Council. The application period for each year runs from mid-April to mid-May. We are looking for people who are:
Some benefits you will get:
- Meet new people and interact with teens from around the valley
- Get involved with the community
- Develop important life skills
- Participate in team-building events
- Learn skills that can be used for college and job applications
- Create an atmosphere where teens feel safe and comfortable to express themselves and their ideas
- Encourage the development of community awareness for middle school and high school issues
- Promote interaction between the schools in Danville
- Act as an advocate for teens in the community
- Foster a greater involvement of youth in municipal government and civic affairs
- Study problems, activities, and concerns of youth, especially as they relate to programs of the Town of Danville
IN THE NEWS
Danville Amazing Race
The Danville Youth Council hosted its first-ever Danville Amazing Race on Saturday, March 24, 2018! 18 teams of middle and high school students participated in various activities throughout the town at 10 different stops. It was a lively day in Downtown as teams entered the Town Hall dressed in spirit wear, ready to take on the challenge. The tasks included trivia about the Veteran’s Memorial Building, completing an intense workout, creating an improvised skit in 10 seconds, eating the grossest jelly bean flavors, and more. DYC members led each station amongst the chaos of all 18 teams motivated to come out on top. At the end of the race, DYC members tallied the winner based on the first to finish as well as points per stop. Team Dynamite won first place, receiving a basket of Amazing Race gear and a Starbucks gift certificates.